Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Crock Pot Chalupa

1 pork tenderloin 2-3# (can also use chicken; I have found it shreds easier and cooks more tender if you cut it into 3" pieces  before cooking)

1 jar chunky salsa (I also use canned crushed tomatoes and some extra Hatch chile salsa--which I also replace for the green chile)

1 onion peeled & coarsely chopped

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 cup frozen corn (can use canned if you have to)*

1 can diced chiles OR Hatch chili 

2 cans black beans or 2 cups cooked pinto or black beans*


Place all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Shred with 2 forks and serve with warm flour tortillas, sour cream & guacamole. 

*I typically add these after I shred the meat


This is from Carolyn Yoss at a Celeste or Evergreen ward Relief Society meeting and she gave us the following on how to cook beans. This is how I cook beans now, black, white, pinto, whatever. I cook up a 1 lb batch and then freeze what I don't use in a gallon freezer bag for future needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment